CFEB ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROGRAM
CFEB ADR PROGRAM
The CFEB ADR Program provides government agencies in Colorado with free mediation services through a cadre of trained volunteer mediators. Our trained mediators help resolve workplace conflicts throughout Colorado. The mediators help settle disputes ranging from work style differences and personality conflicts to cases involving harassment, discrimination or unfair treatment. Contact the CFEB to discuss whether the ADR Program can help in your workplace.
BASIC MEDIATION COURSE
May 8-12, 2017 | Denver Federal Center
Online registration is required: https://colorado.feb.gov/register/?ee=390
COST: $425.00 per student
For those interested in becoming mediators or improving their conflict resolution skills!
COURSE TOPICS OVERVIEW
• Overview of Alternative Dispute Resolution processes
• Principles of mediation, Stages and goals of mediation process
• The role of the mediator
• Nature of conflict/behaviors in conflict
• Mediation skills, including negotiation skills, interactive listening, question-asking, use of neutral language, reframing, interest identification, addressing barriers to agreement, agreement writing
• Cultural diversity
• Working with attorneys and representatives of parties
• Ethical issues, including confidentiality, impartiality, informed consent, & conflict of interests
Teaching methods will include lecture, large and small group discussion, interactive exercises, and coached role-playing. Students will participate in mock mediations under the supervision of experienced mediators, who will provide feedback to support and facilitate learning. Upon successful completion of the course, students will receive a certificate.
Questions: 303 202 4588 | firstname.lastname@example.org
TRAINERS | Matt Jarvinen, JD & Robin McDonald, JD | Private Sector Mediators and Trainers
2017 MEDIATOR MEETINGS
9:00 am – Noon
To Schedule a Mediation Contact