November 14, 2019 – November 14, 2019
MILE HIGH DICE
Annual CFEB/FEMA Tabletop Exercise
November 14, 2019 | 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Federal Bureau of Prisons National Corrections Academy
11900 East Cornell Avenue, Unit C | Vail Room | Aurora, CO 80014
- Cities | Counties | State Government| Federal Agencies | Private Sector
- Every agency/organization is encouraged to bring a team of six (6) people to the exercise. One person from each team will take on the role of facilitator and one can act as a scribe during the modules.
- Agencies/organizations encouraged to bring a team members including Executive Leaders, Public Information Officers, Information Technology, Facilities, Financial, Continuity, Human Resources, etc.
FREE | ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIRED | ADD LINK
- Before you go online to register, make sure you have the name, phone and email of each team member that will attend!
TOPIC: Security Awareness of Soft Targets and Crowded Places Workshop
- Mile High Dice provides a forum for interagency coordination and improvement of contingency and continuity plans.
- The 2019 theme is Soft Targets and Crowded Places Workshop, which is the emergency coalition’s priority this year. (CFEB/CEPP/CDHSEM/DHS/FEMA).
- Mile High Dice establishes a learning environment for participants to promote preparedness and resiliency among public and private entities to examine response/contingency plans to determine their ability to continue their mission essential functions.
Develop a common understanding of:
- What is a soft target and common vulnerabilities.
- Suggested emergency/security planning considerations for soft targets.
- Procedural and physical security measures.
- Facilitate active learning opportunities and peer-to-peer exchanges.
- Examine and assess Special Event plans, processes, and procedures for preparing, responding, and recovering from a Soft Target incident and discuss potential solutions / mitigations measures to lessen its impact.
- Discuss and examine the challenges, issues and cascading impacts associated with conducting mission essential functions if your organization is affected.
DOCUMENTS YOUR ORGANIZATION NEEDS TO BRING TO DICE: Continuity of Operations Plan
- 7:30 am Registration
8:00 Welcome | Opening Remarks
- 8:40 Training #1: Case Study: Las Vegas Shooting
- 9:50 BREAK
- 10:15 Exercise Module #1
- 12:00 LUNCH (on your own)
- 1:00 pm Training #2 | Security Engineering
- 2:00 BREAK
- 2:30 Exercise Module #2
- 3:30 Wrap Up
- 3:45 Adjourn
THANK YOU | DICE Planning Team:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Colorado Federal Executive Board (CFEB)
- Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)
- CO Emergency Preparedness Partnership (CEPP)
- CO Div of Homeland Security & Emergency Management
- Environmental Protection Agency Region 8
- General Services Administration
QUESTIONS | CFEB 303 202 4588 | email@example.com