CFEB FEDERAL BENEFITS & RETIREMENT CLASS
June 18, 2019 | 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
CFEB Training Room, Bldg. 25 | Denver Federal Center | Lakewood CO
$100 | Online Registration & Payment Required
- Advance registration and payment is required for all classes. WALK-INS are not allowed.
- No refunds for cancellations or no shows. However, you may send a substitute in your place by notifying the CFEB in advance of the class.
- All attendees are required to pay to attend -- including significant others.
- Agencies are required to provide and make advance arrangements for special needs requests such as hearing interpreters.
Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) & FERS Transferee
FERS benefits follow as a close second for complexity to CSRS benefits. In addition to annual leave, health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance and a complicated set of rules for calculating retirement benefits, the FERS employee also has to consider how Social Security and the Thrift Savings Plan fit into their retirement puzzle. This class will teach participants how to maximize their FERS benefits to retire successfully.
- Important Documents
- Retiring on a Full, Unreduced Annuity
- How To Calculate Your Annuity
- Survivor Benefits
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Savings Alternatives
- Social Security and Your Federal Annuity
- Federal Employees Health Benefits
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance
- Federal Long-term Care Insurance
FINANCIAL PLANNING TOPICS
- How your federal benefits fit together with retirement planning fundamentals to ensure you get your best retirement results
- What will you do in retirement (and will that cost more, less or the same as what you’re spending now)?
- Should you and your spouse retire together?
- How taxes, inflation and longevity impact your plan
- Investing – understanding what you own
- Risk vs. reward
- Asset allocation
- Tax diversification
- Creating income in retirement
- The umbrella of insurance – Homeowners, Auto, Health, Life, Long Term Care
- Social Security/Medicare
- Estate Planning
Participants should bring the following to class to calculate their annuity benefits:
- Recent leave and earnings statement
- Recent TSP statement
- Social Security statement (if applicable)
INSTRUCTOR | Ann Vanderslice, Retirement Strategies
QUESTIONS | 303 202 4588 | firstname.lastname@example.org