CFEB CSRS RETIREMENT CLASS
October 11, 2017 | 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
CFEB Training Room | Denver Federal Center | Lakewood CO
$130 | Online Registration & Payment Required
- Advance registration and payment is required for all classes. WALK-INS are not allowed.
- No refunds for cancellations or no shows. However, you may send a substitute in your place by notifying the CFEB in advance of the class.
- All attendees are required to pay to attend -- including significant others.
- Agencies are required to provide and make advance arrangements for special needs requests such as hearing interpreters.
Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) & CSRS Offset
With the most complex set of government benefits including sick leave, annual leave, health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance and a complicated set of rules for calculating retirement benefits, the CSRS employee can wind up feeling overwhelmed and paralyzed. This class will teach participants how to maximize their CSRS benefits to retire successfully.
- Important Documents (SF-50’s, DD-214, Beneficiary Forms)
- Best Day to Retire
- Retiring on a Full, Unreduced Annuity
- Buying Back Military Time
- Deposits and Re-deposits
- Survivor Benefits
- Calculating Your Benefits
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Voluntary Contribution Program
- Federal Employee Health Benefits and How It Affects Medicare At Age 65
- Federal Employee Group Life Insurance
- Federal Employee Long-term Care Insurance
- Social Security and Your CSRS Annuity
Financial Planning Topics:
- How your federal benefits fit together with retirement planning fundamentals to ensure you get your best retirement results
- What will you do in retirement (and will that cost more, less or the same as what you’re spending now)?
- Should you and your spouse retire together?
- How taxes, inflation and longevity impact your plan
- Investing – understanding what you own
- Risk vs. reward
- Asset allocation
- Tax diversification
- Creating income in retirement
- The umbrella of insurance – Homeowners, Auto, Health, Life, Long Term Care
- Social Security/Medicare
- Estate Planning
Participants should bring the following to class to calculate their annuity benefits:
- Recent leave and earnings statement
- Recent TSP statement
- Social Security statement (if applicable)
QUESTIONS | 303 202 4588 | email@example.com