CFEB EARLY FERS RETIREMENT CLASS
May 18, 2017 | 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Lecture Hall | Denver Federal Center | Lakewood CO
$130 | Online Registration & Payment Required
- Advance registration and payment is required for all classes. WALK-INS are not allowed.
- No refunds for cancellations or no shows. However, you may send a substitute in your place by notifying the CFEB in advance of the class.
- All attendees are required to pay to attend -- including significant others.
- Agencies are required to provide and make advance arrangements for special needs requests such as hearing interpreters.
If you’re new to federal service (been with the government less than five years), chances are you’re a little confused about exactly what your benefits are. With some of the best benefits in the country, you want to ensure you maximize what’s available to you to put you in control of your retirement future. In addition to annual leave, health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance and a complicated set of rules for calculating retirement benefits, the “new” FERS employee also has to consider how Social Security and the Thrift Savings Plan fit into their retirement puzzle. This class will teach participants how to maximize their FERS benefits to retire successfully.
Early FERS Topics:
- Important Documents
- Retiring on a Full, Unreduced Annuity
- How To Calculate Your Annuity
- Survivor Benefits
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Savings Alternatives
- Social Security and Your Federal Annuity
- Federal Employees Health Benefits
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance
- Federal Long-term Care Insurance
Financial Planning Topics:
- How do your federal benefits fit together with fundamental retirement planning to ensure you get to your best retirement results?
- Should you and your spouse retire together?
- How taxes, inflation and longevity impact your plan
- Investing – understanding what you own
- Risk vs. reward
- Asset allocation
- Tax diversification
- Creating income in retirement
- The umbrella of insurance – Homeowners, Auto, Health, Life, Long Term Care
- Social Security/Medicare
- Estate Planning
Participants should bring the following to class to calculate their annuity benefits:
- Recent leave and earnings statement
- Recent TSP statement
- Social Security statement (if applicable)
QUESTIONS | 303 202 4588 | email@example.com