FEDERAL BENEFITS & RETIREMENT CLASS - TSP & Insurance
December 9, 2021 | 8:30 am – 12:00 pm MST | Virtual | Cost: $20.00 per person
Online Registration Required | https://colorado.feb.gov/register/?ee=580
INSTRUCTOR | Ann Vanderslice, Federal Benefits Made Simple
- Advance registration and payment is required for all classes.
- No refunds for cancellations or no shows. However, you may send a substitute in your place by notifying the CFEB in advance of the class.
- All attendees are required to pay to attend -- including significant others.
- Agencies are required to provide and make advance arrangements for special needs requests such as hearing interpreters.
Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS)
This class will teach participants how to maximize their FERS benefits to retire successfully. FERS benefits follow as a close second for complexity to CSRS benefits. In addition to annual leave, health insurance, life insurance, long-term care insurance and a complicated set of rules for calculating retirement benefits, the FERS employee also has to consider how Social Security and the Thrift Savings Plan fit into their retirement puzzle.
TSP & Insurance TOPICS
- Important Documents
- Survivor Benefits
- Thrift Savings Plan
- Federal Employees Group Life Insurance
- Federal Long-term Care Insurance
- The umbrella of insurance – Homeowners, Auto, Health, Life, Long Term Care
Participants should have available for the class to calculate their annuity benefits:
- Recent leave and earnings statement
- Recent TSP statement
CONTACT Jeff Conn | firstname.lastname@example.org | 303 202 4588