Rocky Mountain Emerging Leadership Academy: April - September 2022
May - September 2022 | Cost $2495/participant
Online registration is required
*** = Payment is required upon registration via credit card (personal or government purchase card). Unpaid registrations will not be maintained in the CFEB registration system. Cost is for tuition and class materials only. Any travel, per diem or additional costs will be provided by the participant or their organization.
Truly, times have changed for supervisory leaders, yet the solutions for many modern-day challenges can be found in the fundamental principles of basic supervision and leadership.
This program for emerging leaders is designed to help individuals deal with this contrast while working to build their competencies in fundamental supervisory leadership practices. The various sessions provide an overview of today’s dynamic work environment, issues affecting organizations, and ways that supervising leaders in are responding. The program then works to define leadership, explains types of leaders, and describes the supervisor’s position and required skills. Fundamental supervisory leadership activities, roles, and competencies are addressed in specific and comprehensive fashion. This program also includes aiding participants in formulating an Individual Development Plan (IDP) along with a focused coaching session to serve as a roadmap for implementing program learnings.
By attending this program participants will be able to:
- Define supervisory leadership, describe types of management and leadership, and explain the supervisory leaders position of responsibility within the organization
- Discuss supervisory leadership activities, roles, and competencies
- Discuss the importance of directing self and giving directions to others
- Utilize enhanced decision-making, problem-solving, conflict resolution and resilience in generating results
- Explain and demonstrate high-level skills in communication ability
- Develop insights related to the importance of team cohesiveness
- Gain a fundamental understanding of the leaders role in motivation of the workforce
- Describe and evaluate ethical dilemmas facing supervisory leaders
- Describe different approaches to building a high-performance workplace in dealing with change
- Foster skills in making effective presentations
- Develop an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for individual use
- Utilize action planning tips developed and designed in a post-program coaching session
The Supervisory Leadership Program is a 3-month/2-days per month endeavor including instruction, activities, and action planning. Participation in the program requires several hours of pre-program work including completion of assessments, short readings, and the creation of learning objectives prior to attendance.
Who Should Attend?
- Newly appointed or recently promoted emerging leaders who seek to enhance their overall effectiveness and performance. Existing leaders at supervision levels who want to sharpen their existing skillset. This class is designed to give public employees the necessary tools to become dynamic and effective leaders in their organizations.
Emerging Leaders Class Dates
Month 1 April 7-8 In-Person
Month 2 June 16-17 In-Person
Month 3 July 13 Virtual half-day
Month 4 August 18-19 In-Person
Graduation September 9, 2022
- Dr. Robert K. Prescott SPHR, SHRM-SCP
- Dr. Shanna Ullmann
CFEB Class Policies:
- There are NO refunds, unless under emergency conditions or deployment in support of Federal Government activities. Paid registrants can have another employee attend in their place or can request to attend another class session at a later date (only one transfer will be permitted). Notification must be made to the CFEB office NLT one (1) day prior to start of class.
- If the in-person sessions are held virtually, paid registrants are required to video in or call in to the provided platform in order to attend the class session.
- Platform links and information will be provided to paid registrants 2-3 days prior to start of the class session (if required).
CFEB CONTACT | Fred Eidson |email@example.com