Rocky Mountain Senior Leadership Academy - January-September 2021
January - September 2021 | Cost $5000
Online registration is required
*** = Payment is required upon registration via credit card (personal or government purchase card). Unpaid registrations will not be maintained in the CFEB registration system. Cost is for tuition and class materials only. Any travel, per diem or additional costs will be provided by the participant or their organization.
Emerging leaders seek to embody competencies and behaviors consistent with their unique individual traits yet learn to adapt such traits based on the needs of others and the organization. Attaining knowledge of these traits and aspiring to high performing levels of leadership requires an essential first step of developing keen self-awareness. This program will work to aid participants in creating heightened self-awareness and leverage their natural strengths and help them find ways to address their developmental areas in a positive, productive way.
From this developed position, identified emerging leaders are challenged with working smarter to balance the demands of organizational process, empowering staff, prioritizing the urgent and leveraging knowledge and technology to facilitate innovation to more effectively deal with modern issues. Thus, a deeper dive is taken in this program as to putting knowledge into action. In-depth focus is given to areas such as teams and team development, conflict resolution, talent management, emotional intelligence and resiliency, communication and influence skills, ethics, and change management.
Ongoing coaching and the creation of an Individual Development Plan (IDP) is offered to serve as a springboard for implementing new-found knowledge and action plans back on the job.
- Understand the competencies and behaviors related to high performance leadership
- Focus on the fundamental roles, styles and traits of leaders
- Analyze the key components to heightened self-awareness
- Learn the modern roles, responsibilities and challenges of directing others
- Assess the shifts and changes in the current organizational/business landscape
- Analyze innovative approaches to team development, managing change, conflict resolution, communication, and problem solving given current challenges
- Review and select “next actions” by participating in a team development activity that demonstrates leadership skills
- Utilize ongoing coaching and individual development plans as a tool for implementation of actions back on the job
This is a nine-month program, with three 3-day in-person sessions. Team projects and personal achievements are required for graduation. Please seriously consider if you and your organization can commit to a nine month program. In the event of a continued stay-at-home (safer-at-home) directive, in-person sessions will be conducted virtually. Actual dates for the in-person sessions are still being scheduled. Dates will be posted when schedule is finalized. Seating is limited, so reserve your spot now.
Who Should Attend:
Newly appointed or recently promoted mid-level leaders who seek to enhance their overall effectiveness and performance. Existing mid-level leaders who want to sharpen their existing skillset. Senior leaders from the federal (GS-12/13), military (O-1/3, E-6/7), state (deputy director level), tribal and local sectors are eligible to apply.
INSTRUCTORS | Transformation Partners
CFEB Class Policies:
- There are NO refunds, unless under emergency conditions or deployment in support of Federal Government activities. Paid registrants can have another employee attend in their place or can request to attend another class session at a later date (only one transfer will be permitted). Notification must be made to the CFEB office NLT one (1) day prior to start of class.
- Paid registrants are required to video in or call in to the provided platform in order to attend the class session.
- Platform links and information will be provided to paid registrants 2-3 days prior to start of the class session.
CFEB CONTACT | Jeff Conn | email@example.com